Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Aww Beetles!

We can now add beetles to Peyton's favorite bugs to eat. I swear I don't know where he is finding these things. Believe it or not I do keep my house clean! For some reason I handled the snail a little easier than the beetle. There's just something about seeing wings on your sons chin....just not right! Of course he was extremely upset when I took it away. We can't deny that our son is all boy! We're still working on the milk in a cup.....some days he does great and others it's just not worth the battle. The good thing is he does like whole milk and it does agree with him so half of the struggle is over. His newest thing is calling Pepper "Bob". I have no idea why he thinks that sounds like Pepper, but it's inevitable....you ask Peyton to call Pepper and he says, right on cue, "BOB!". I figure at least HE knows what he's talking about and at least it's a real word. We started our fall session of Mom's Day Out yesterday. We bumped him up to 2 days a week instead of 1....which I was really excited about. We're just hoping that it all works out and we can keep him enrolled. We're still not walking. Not sure what else to say with that except...we're still not walking! I know he'll do it when he's ready, but the anticipation is killing us! I'm hoping that as he sees more babies in his class walking, he'll be more interested in trying it. He's definitely ready and will let go of your hand and stand on his own for a long time...it's just taking that first step that he's lacking. Thats pretty much all of the updates for now. Give us a few more days and I'm sure we'll add a few new bugs to the menu!!!

1 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I hope Abby decides to NOT take an interest in bugs. I'd be very, very happy about that. Especially since she sees me panic everytime one gets in the house :-) I bet Peyton has all kinds of new friends now that he's in MDO twice a week now. That's fantastic! He's going to come home and teach you all the new things he learned for the day!! hehe