Wednesday, November 28, 2007

1st haircut and little blue tubes

Peyton officially got his first haircut yesterday! It broke my heart to cut his beautiful hair, but he got his mother's crazy curls and it was more than I could handle. He was such a big boy and there were no tears! yea!
Daddy and Peyton pre-haircut....notice Peyton's big smile :-)


Miss Erin and Peyton....he loves her to death and obviously thinks he's "the man"


Tada!! All done...look at those curls!!

With Thanksgiving over and Christmas approaching we have decided that now is the time for Peyton to get his tubes. For those that don't know, Peyton has been fighting ear infections since June. Most recently he has had one for over a month. He has been a trooper with the pain, but this last one has given him a really hard time. After mis-diagnosis at two quick cares and tons of antibiotics later, our pediatrician suggested taking him to an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. last week. With cold season just getting started, he suggested that we go ahead and get tubes for Peyton's ears :-( We go in tomorrow at 6:30 a.m and I am a disaster!! The surgery itself will only take 15 minutes, but I would have to think that I wouldn't be a normal Mom if I didn't worry. I'm looking forward to this being relief for Peyton and definitley fewer ear infections for him. Say a prayer for us as we get up at the crack of dawn and take our little man into surgery. I will update hopefully tomorrow night!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so cute sitting in the chair. Hopefully you saved some hair for his baby book!! I know he will be a trooper through it all. Give him a kiss from us here in KS.
Love ya all
Aunt Linda

The Beasley's said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture of Peyton and Brad. Peyton is smiling so sweet. Love it! I hope everything went just fine for ya'll early this morning...I'm glad he's getting those tubes to cut down on all those ear infections. Poor little guy! Love ya'll!!!