Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Where do I start?

I guess not too terribly much has happened since my last post. Peyton is over strep...thank goodness. He's always so good when he's sick....thats part of the problem...you sometimes don't know when he's even sick! This week he started back at Mom's Day Out or as he calls it "dool" (meaning school). I just knew he was going to be excited to go back, but for the first time since he started school...he cried. :-( It didn't help that I forgot his pacifier and his wooby (his blanket). I brought his blanket back to him because I knew he'd never make it through the day, but he totally lost it when he saw me. He made it through the day though and we're praying tomorrow is better. Brad and I also got to make up for our lost "baby free" weekend. Mom met us in Vicksburg last friday to take the little guy for the weekend. We missed him terribly, but enjoyed our weekend immensely!! We got to eat meals in peace and even got to see a movie! It was awesome as we had forgotten what it was like before baby. While we definitely enjoy going out on our own, we both concluded that we wouldn't trade these days for anything! I felt lost most of the weekend without him so it was nice to get my little man back on sunday. A few new things Peyton is doing....he's learned how to eat a banana by himself and he can eat a sandwich cut into triangles. He's so big. He can also say "pat" and "brat" (thanks a lot Uncle D!). He consistently calls for Paw when you ask Pepper if she needs to go potty or if animals are on t.v. Not sure what thats all about, but at least we know Paw is on his mind! He tries to put his shoes on himself...unsuccessfully, and is also trying to say "shoe" which sounds like "dool" which means "school". Very confusing. He also learned how to put together a bookshelf last week...he helped Dad put his together and did a great job. Now he has a beautiful shelf to put all his wonderful books on that we have to read 100 times a day. It's great. That about wraps it up. I'll leave you with A LOT of random pictures. Enjoy!!

I can eat a banana all by myself
LSU won!!

Peyton likes to play hide-n-go-seek....this is his hiding place


Dad...this piece goes right here!

Yep Mom...building bookshelves is Man work

It's the funniest thing....the spaghetti just threw itself at my face!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love his hiding place and how he is helping his Daddy!!

Love ya, Nana

Anonymous said...

He is soooo adorable! I love all of these pics! He's precious helping Brad! And I love the hiding place! Why do kids want to play in the room with the toilets!?? Kainaan is just like him! And I am so glad to see that my child is not just a cruel bully, it is just a phase and he's not alone. He pimp slapped Hunter lastnight for no reason. I mean I hate to hear Abby got hit, but now I know Kainaan is not the only kid in the world that does not understand "be sweet to baby!"
Love ya, Lori