Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh No! The big 3-0!

I should have posted this yesterday, but I was in too much denial to write! ha! Yesterday I (Lisa) turned 30. Sad isn't it? I don't feel it. Of course I'm not really sure how you're suppose to feel when you turn 30...whats the standard there? I do know that I don't feel like I did 10 years ago and I DEFINITELY can't wear ANY of the clothes I wore 10 years ago. I have Mom body....thats my new word...Mom Body. So since my birthday was on a Monday, I celebrated with Peyton and Brad on Sunday. We had breakfast at IHOP and then took a bike ride on the Longleaf Trace. Mom and Dad got the whole family bikes...it was wonderful. I only wish the cool weather had moved in on Sunday! It was hot. Peyton really enjoyed riding in his "trailer". He saw a turtle among other things....thats the first time he's ever seen a real turtle up close though. After lunch, Peyton and I totally crashed....it's that 30 year old thing. I was exhausted and it was much needed. I did feel a bit guilty though because Brad did yard work instead of napping....he's an over achiever though so the guilt only lasted long enough for my eye lids to close. Yesterday I had lunch with my good friend Erin at the Mexican restaurant....so sad I could not have a margarita. (I know mom...it's a sin!) Since it was the middle of the day and I was driving with my 2 year old in the car I figured I should pass on the margarita. We picked up some dinner my Mom had ordered for us and then it was home for nap time. Peyton fought me awhile on nap, but he finally gave in. Last night was a total dud....it was Monday night..as in Monday night football. And the Cowboys were playing so you do the math. It was a great birthday though and I'm glad it's over!



Peyton helping daddy...he totally put the hat on himself!


The turtle
My birthday cookies...thanks Mom!
Ready for a test ride
Testing out the bike on our street
Birthday sugar!
Pancakes are yummy
My fabulous pink bike

This morning before school...it was 65 degrees here! woohoo!!

Where did that truck go?





5 comments:

Lori said...

I am so glad you guys had a fun time on Sunday! And Peyton is too adorable! Enjoy the cooler weather...we are! Its pretty cool up here too. Well, gotta run!
And Happy Birthday again!
Love and miss ya'll,
Lori

The Beasley's said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! I'm sorry I missed talking to you, but we were thinking about you. The pictures of Peyton are too cute. I love how he's always so stylin' :-) Love ya'll!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Umm...wait until you are almost 37 and staring down 40! HA! The year I turn 40 - before the end of the year I will have two teenagers in my house and a 7 year old! YIKES! That is enough to have a mid-life crisis just thinking about it! LOL!

Seriously though - glad you had a fun day!

Elizabeth Guidry said...

Hey!

For some reason I thought your bday was on the 8th. I knew it was one of my brother's bdays, but I couldn't remember which one. Anyways, happy birthday and let me know when you are headed back to shreve so we can get together!

Love,
Liz and Autumn

Anonymous said...

30? Wow that was aahh years ago. It wasn't so bad. The bad part is whatching you guys have babies...now I am feeling old..LOL
Glad you had a Happy Birthday!!
Hugs & Kisses from Kansas
Aunt Linda