Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow!

Tonight they're predicting Hattiesburg to receive up to 3 inches of snow! Not much to our Northern friends, but to us in South Mississippi it's enough. And it probably only means there will be no school tomorrow...grrr. I just came in from checking the mail and the people driving down our street were acting like they were on ice...it's 48 degrees out people...relax. Hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow and Peyton can still go to school...we're about to kill each other from being stuck in the house all week with his sickness....and I really need to work out. I'm working on getting some video uploaded....I'm having a hard time though so be patient. Wish us luck as we ride out this Winter Storm Watch!! ( it just occurred to me that I might live in the arm pit of America...we have hurricanes, tornadoes and now snow?!!! Whats up with that?)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Are people freaking out and buying out the grocery store thinking they will be snowed in yet?!?! :) Even in Colorado, people do that...I remember being a sacker at a grocery store when I was 16 and the way people freaked out was amazing...I also don't remember missing school as much as my kids do just for snow...unless it was actually a blizzard...if our school superintendant couldn't get around in his 4x4 THEN we didn't have school...no matter that busses couldn't get around...Shoot, the kids missed school last year because it was too COLD! Jeff and I don't ever remember missing school for that when we we were little..and he was in Cleveland and I was in Denver!! :)

Lori said...

Holy cow! Snow in Hattiesburg! Now I am jealous. They are not calling for anything here in Knox-Vegas...shocked, I know. So, I read your blog outloud to Tim. He was laughing so hard b/c he said I sounded just like you. Yep girl, we could be sisters!
Well, good luck with the school thing! I know how you feel. Kainaan will be out for 2 whole weeks after next week!
Anyways, have a good time in the snow! Take lots of pictures!
Love ya'll, Lori

The Beasley's said...

You'll have to look at my blog. It DID snow...HERE, in freakin' Houston! The temperature also didn't get above 35 today. We NEVER left the house all day. It was bizarre. Just like you, yesterday (75 & in short sleeves), today 35, tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid-fifties! It's crazy I tell you.

Linda O said...

Welcome to our kind of weather!! You know your roots are still in Kansas...HAHA..I better stop before I get a snowball thrown at me. Take care hugs & kisses from cold icy snowy KS
Aunt Linda