Monday, October 1, 2007

Baby Steps

Whew! What a week! Peyton and I have spent the last week in Bossier with Maw and Paw while Daddy was in Alabama for work. We're finally home and settled....and exhausted! Lots happened while we were in Bossier (unfortunately for Daddy!). Peyton learned how to clap and officially took three consecutive steps on his own!! He managed to do that for like 3 days in a row, but now that we're home he's totally regressed. Oh well...guess he's saving it for dad. Peyton also got an attachment for Paw and his lawnmower. Yes sir...my son's gonna be a yard man! He LOVED riding on the lawnmower with Paw and would cry if you took him off. Paw went through a whole tank of gas while we were home...we owe you Paw! He also enjoyed riding in his new power wheel that Maw and Paw bought for him....which we ended up bring home with us and take a ride in everyday. Cody (my friend Meredith's husband) took Peyton for his very first four wheeler ride, too. And yes you guessed it....Peyton loved it. I think the theme for the week was "lets ride". Peyton is also now saying "pepper" as opposed to Bob....well it's more like bob-bob, but you get the picture. I'm amazed at how much he's developed just in the last week and it breaks my heart because I know now that he will be a big boy before we know it. He loves to tell "stories" now and I only wish I knew what he was saying....whatever it is he seems to think he's hilarious! Today he started something really new....he tries to do the hand motions to Itsy bitsy spider. I can only assume he's learning this at school because I have never tried to teach it to him. Once I realized what he was doing, I did the motions too and he tried so hard to do it all. One thing he has down for sure is "down came the rain". He holds his hands up so high and wiggles his fingers...so cute! I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of new things, but I'm tired and must catch up on sleep. I'll leave you with a few new pics.


Peyton riding with Cody

Peyton with part of his Toucan costume on (he wouldn't take it off!)

How sweet is this? His little feet were hanging out of the crib!

4 comments:

The Beasley's said...

Wow, what a fun weekend you guys had! The feet sticking through is beyond cute...he's such a sweet little man :-) Taking steps is so exciting--you must get them on video!!

Anonymous said...

He is definitely "all boy"!!! You will be buying a riding lawnmower before long!

Hugs to our little guy!
Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

So cute, he is really growing. He is definitely going to be an outside boy!

Hugs & kisses from Kansas
Love, Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we got to see him this last trip. I love to check your web site. I hope you keep it up! Love, Aunt Kelly