Thursday, October 18, 2007

Is it over yet?

What a week. For those who don't know this last weekend was suppose to be a relaxing fun weekend for Mom......if only. Last Thursday morning we were awakened by the sound of....you guessed it....Peyton vomiting. He continued every 45 minutes for the next 4 hours. All I can say to that is Brad and I work great as a team when vomit and a 14 month old is involved. I found myself in a panic when Brad left for work for the fear of what happens if he does it again....I have no help. Like expected, he did it again 2 more times and surprisingly I managed on my own. After much debate and several calls to our mothers, we decided that Brad was a big boy and could handle the sick baby on his own. I could still go for my fun girls weekend to Jackson. I headed out Friday evening so excited to spend time with my best friend and no worries that Brad would not be able to handle it....after all, he took care of us after my c-section. Friday night, Meredith and I had a great dinner at Bonefish and we made our plan of action for our day of shopping on Saturday. We settled in for a full, uninterrupted nights sleep....we thought. At 4:45 a.m my cell phone rings. After finally realizing that Justin Timberlake was not actually in our room singing "I'm bringing sexy back" I answered the phone. It was Brad and now he is sick too. While I felt really bad for him I couldn't help wonder why he felt the need to call at 4:45 a.m. After all the baby was still asleep and there was certainly nothing I could do 2 hours away. 3 phone calls later and what felt like no sleep, we decided that Brad would live and a friend of mine came to the house and sat with Peyton while Brad got some rest....thank God for Erin!!! I managed to get my girls weekend in...not totally stress free but fun despite. Sunday morning on my way home Brad informed me that Peyton started running a fever Saturday night. WHAT? I thought he was well!! When I got home I felt like I had walked into the morgue....Brad was layed out on the floor in the playroom and Peyton was starring at him like "you think YOU got problems?". After a long night and a fever that reached 104, we managed to get an appt. at the Dr. on Monday. So what's the verdict? An ear infection. So now we're all healing and Peyton actually got to go to Mom's Day Out today. I guess thats what I get for taking a weekend for myself. If this was a test I think we all passed with flying colors and I think Brad and I both can feel more confident in being good parents. Its hard to have the confidence to make it through these things on your own.....when your support system is 5 hours away. But after this weekend, I think we can make it through most anything and I thank God everyday that he gave me a husband who loves me enough to cowboy up and make it through a difficult weekend just so I can have break. He's the best. To end this post I'll leave you with a few fun pictures of Peyton....please notice that he has 2 new teeth on top and 2 more on the way...no he's still not walking.

With this curly hair, I cannot deny this child!

Ok so here's the story with this picture. Tonight I was doing some laundry and turned around and realized Peyton was missing. I could hear him laughing on the other side of the house so I knew he was into something. I grabbed my camera and went searching. I found him in his bathroom unrolling toilet paper....I managed to catch him in the act with the "Oh no! Who did this?" look. Thank goodness Daddy gets our toilet paper for free!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is on the mend!! I now know what to wrap up for Chrismas gifts -- toilet paper!!! Looks like he is having lots of fun.

Love, Nana