Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hello? Maw..are you there?

Yesterday I decided to call Maw and Paw to see what they were up to. Usually during those conversations Peyton always wants to say a few words...just to tell him he loves them and misses them. (or some version of that! ha!) Well yesterday I had intended our conversation to be short and sweet....45 minutes later Peyton still wouldn't give me the phone back. He apparently had LOTS to tell Maw and Paw. I mean yesterday was a big day...he went back to school. From what we could gather he played kick ball at school...we think. He kept saying..."Maw, Paw....uuhhh! and then he'd kick his leg. I've never seen that one before and yesterday it was raining so I figured they did something in the gym that involved kicking. After chasing Peyton around the house with the phone I finally convinced him to sit in the kitchen with me and talk so I could make dinner. He was so cute...he just plopped right there on the floor and talked to Maw. He just felt like talking yesterday I guess...I know Maw and Paw didn't mind. I finally got the phone back when Peyton accidentally hung up on them....when I wouldn't give him the phone back he just layed there crying "Mawww, Pawww!" Pitiful and if my parents had been here they would have put me in time out for not giving him back the phone.


Peyton talking to Maw
"Mom...why are you taking a picture of me talking on the phone?"

Hello? Maw?

Oh what the heck..."Cheeesse!"










2 comments:

Wendy said...

Wait until he figures out there is such a thing as speed dial...At the ripe age of 3, Austin new what to dial to get Grandma and Grandpa and Granny and Pop on the phone...Apparently, one evening when he was particularly quiet, I found him...in his closet...talking to my mother...who thought it was hilarious that she had been talking to Austin for 30 minutes...and I didn't know about it!!!! She still gives me a hard time to this DAY! :) But hey, if my kids want to call and talk, I'm all for it if it keeps them busy and quiet!!!

Lori said...

So damn CUTE!! He is so funny, a personality all his own. We need to get Peyton and Kainaan on the phone together! Kainaan is a phone hog, too. But when he's done, he's DONE! Aren't they so cute when they have sooo much to say and you have no idea what that is? LOL!
Give that little phone monster a hug and kiss from us!
We miss ya'll!