Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who really cares?

I just read an article on Foxnews.com about a ride at DisneyLand in California. They apparently have decided to update the "Small World" ride and add some recent Disney Characters to the mix. Good. Great. Why is it causing so much controversy? Why would anyone be so annoyed at a company for doing a little updating. I mean I get it...cherish the old, classic and traditional...I get it. But have you ever been on the Small World ride? It might possibly be the creepiest ride ever. I don't hate it...it's just creepy. I believe Peyton felt the same way because his expression during that ride was priceless...."Mom, Dad...what the heck is this?" If they added some characters he knew, maybe he would have enjoyed it a little more. After all, Disney is all about marketing to the kids so that their parents have to buy them hundreds of dollars worth of souvenirs and toys. Who can tell their kid no at Disneyland? Anyways, just thought this was a fitting story since we just came off of a 7 day trip to the Happiest Place On Earth. Get over it people...the ride is creepy.

0 comments: