Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Roseberry" Beach

If you ask Peyton where we just went on vacation, he'll tell you.....Roseberry Beach. We actually just returned from our trip to RoseMARY Beach...but hey it's close enough. We had a blast, but I'm concerned now that Peyton thinks we have 2 homes...his "real" house as he calls it and then the beach house. If only we did buddy!! Peyton is DEFINITELY a little beach bum and I'm convinced that he will spend his young adult days working at some random beach doing random things...he loves it that much. He loved getting his toes in the water and building sand castles...although our castles never really turned into castles as he would destroy anything you attempted to build with his trucks. Typical boy. We hunted for crabs at night and Peyton kept us rolling as he would run and squeal every time he saw one. Before we left the beach at night he'd fill their little crab holes and say "good night crab...have a good night." Our last day at the beach Peyton was sitting his inflatable boat and I was sitting under our tent with Shelby when all of a sudden I realize that Brad has pushed Peyton back to shore and everyone is running out to the ocean. As I look towards Brad I see this big black mass...no it wasn't a shark (although Peyton will tell you 2 sharks bit him on his toe) it was a school of sting rays. We have gone to this beach for I don't know how long and never have I seen anything that cool. There were at least 100 of them and they were probably no more than 30 ft off the beach. It was unbelievable. When I asked Peyton if he saw them he said "yeah and it pushed me". Someone or something is always pushing or biting him...funny kid. All in all it was a great trip...Shelby behaved exactly as I thought she would...no sleep and always crying. I love my baby girl with all my heart, but she is less than even a decent traveler...complete opposite of her brother. But now worries people....she's either going to have to deal with it or I am because traveling we will not stop! So now that this short story has taken me 4 hours to write I think I'll just end with some pictures. I took over 400...but don't worry...I'll only leave you with a few. Ok Blogger just completely freaked out on me so I'm only post a very few pictures. I'll post more tomorrow. Sorry!


Eating Cheetos on the beach....it's an obvious combination.



Of course he had to bring his scooter with us.

He was pulling out a big handful of sand in this one!


And the Oscar goes to.....







Shelby's first trip to the beach...she was less than excited about it.

This pretty much says it all.

So many more cute pics to come.....including some of Shelby! Plus I have some updates on her...stay tuned!

0 comments: