Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Christmas Challenge

Every year I try to think of ways to help someone in need at Christmas. This year I've found a new cause. St. Jude's Children Hospital. For the past year I have been ordering my checks through their website...the cutest checks you've ever seen. Part of the proceeds obviously go to St. Jude Research...the checks cost no more than the ones you would order at your bank, so I figured why not also contribute to a good cause. So as I was online ordering more checks, I saw that Target helps create a wish list for the children and their families that are receiving treatment at St. Jude. It's just like buying a wedding gift or baby shower gift online. So here is my challenge to you.....if you are able, check out the website and buy one gift for a child who will be spending their Christmas in a hospital. Some of these children know no other home other than St. Jude....I can't even imagine. I thank God everyday that we have a healthy, thriving 2 year old.....so while I count my blessings maybe I can give back a little. If you're not able to buy a gift...you can always donate directly to St. Jude...even if it's $1....every little bit helps. Here is the website for the Target St. Jude Wish List: http://www.target.com/lists/20RM31U68HOE
If you'd like to donate directly to St. Jude, click here: www.stjude.org Then click on Donate Now at the top of the page. Browse the page while you're there...they actually have some really cool stuff you can buy!! Merry Christmas...a few weeks early! :-)

0 comments: