Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Our Little Turkey

We have officially attended our child's first school production...in which he did not participate. ha! Today didn't go quite as we thought, but it was still fabulous. Thankfully the teachers had video taped our kids singing their Thanksgiving songs and played it for us in the lobby....good for us, bad for you!! When we got to Peyton's classroom, we totally expected him to come running for us. Nope. My kid was the only one yelling at his parents. He wanted nothing to do with us or anyone else in that classroom for that matter. Most of the kids stood in front of the class and sang their song....my kid sat at his table and drank juice. It wasn't until his teacher Mrs. DeeDee started telling us about how they made butter that morning that he perked up. Once he had a cornbread muffin with homemade butter in front of him, he was perfectly fine. I'm still shocked that all the kids helped make muffins and butter today. I love his school. After snack time he showed us his turkey he painted and his "helper" bee on the wall. Everyday they have a special helper...I guess your bug gets put at the top if you're it! Anyways, here are a few pictures from the day....I have video, but have not loaded it yet. I'll try to do it a.s.a.p. even though it's just video of Peyton drinking juice! Enjoy.



Peyton was very proud of this turkey he painted with his hands and feet.
My baby LOVES him some cornbread.
This is his class...his teachers are Mrs. Amy (wearing the teal shirt) and Mrs. DeeDee (wearing the brown sweater). Please notice the child in the blue and red shirt in front of Peyton..he's the one that pulled his hair out. (his parents apologized)
Chowing down on the muffin
They made these precious Thanksgiving place mats, too. I can't wait to use it for our family Thanksgiving dinner.






2 comments:

Lori said...

OMG! He is soooo cute! I love his turkey paintings! Kainaan made a turkey out of his handprint, too. Of course, it has never occured to me that I should put pics of his artwork on here. You always think of everything! Anyways, it is so nice to know that Kainaan is normal when he acts all crabby towards us! What a relief! LOL!
Well, I am glad all is well.
Love ya'll, Lori

Darla Cathcart said...

Lisa! I'm so glad you found me! (And our boys.) I'm guessing Brad told you that we ran into him at an LSU football game last year when I was still early preggers. Your little Peyton is so adorable - all those curls! Hmm, I think he looks a little like his mama (sorry, Brad - maybe the next one . . . . :) Darla