Monday, October 5, 2009

Big boy beds and other fun things

Here is my plea to my computer savvy husband....please fix the memory on my computer!!! This is why I have not posted pictures on the blog in like a million years. I'm completely out of memory on my computer and at this point it won't even let me view pics off of my camera. So Brad if you're reading....fix it!!!

On to more fun things. I still need to finish posting pictures from Peyton's party and hopefully that will come soon. Since then we've had some fun and exciting things happen. I celebrated my 31st birthday on Sept. 15th and got the ultimate birthday present. We had an ultrasound bright and early that morning and found out Peyton will have a little sister!! Still can't believe it. After lots and lots of discussions we've finally decided on our precious little girl's name...Shelby Leigh. She and Peyton will share the same middle name, but will be spelled differently. We're beyond thrilled and I'm so looking forward to getting her nursery done. Peyton is less than excited, but hopefully that will come with time. He recently asked us if he could go back to Disney World to see Mickey..I of course told him sure and this time we can bring his baby sister with us! To that he said "No thanks Mommy, I take Maw." So Maw I guess you won the golden ticket. He then went on to say he wanted to take everyone in the family except baby Shelby. We'll just have to see about that. The weekend after my birthday we headed to Gulf Shores for a quick, but just long enough family vacation. Peyton had a BLAST on the beach...loved everything about playing in the sand....still apprehensive about the ocean. Since then Brad has made a trip to Dallas for a Monday Night football game and Peyton has graduated to a full size bed. He absolutely LOVES his new bed and transitioned with absolutely no problems. Every morning he brags on himself for sleeping all night in his bed. For those who don't know, we had some problems the last few weeks with getting him to sleep in his toddler bed. He was constantly scared of monsters and wanted to get in bed with us. After a few weeks of that we decided he was playing us a bit and decided that maybe he just wasn't comfortable in that small bed. Seems to have been the case, but he's only been in his full size bed for 2 nights. Keep your fingers crossed!! So now our days are full of Dr.'s appts, school and getting ready for baby. With all the holidays between now and Feb. 10th it's going to fly by. Hopefully by the end of this week Brad will have magically fixed my computer and I can add some pictures. Until then....stay patient!!

0 comments: