Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Resolutions

So I'm not even sure I know how to work this blog anymore, but here's my promise and hope...that you will get an update, at the very least, ever month.  It's easy for me to let my blog slide because of facebook and other media outlets, but in reality all those outlets do is take away from my family time. So I'm going to work on taking 30 minutes every week to update this blog....instead of 30 minutes everyday on useless social media.  So here's my update for this week:

Welcome 2014!!!
I can't be more excited to get a new year started. 2013 brought lots of changes for our family...the biggest changes being we sold our home that we've lived in for the last 8 years. The home we brought both kids home to and the only house thats ever really felt like "our home".  As sad as it was, we have moved on to an even better place that is already FULL of wonderful family memories.  Its been a work in progress, but we're getting there and everyday we settle just a little bit more.  The saddest change for us this past year was losing our family pet in October.  Brad and I brought sweet Pepper into our lives just 4 months into our young marriage.  She has been my companion through so much and she is DEARLY missed. Peyton has done very well with the loss, but Shelby is still struggling. In the last week she has worried everyday if Pepper has food and water in Heaven.  My fear is that the only way to get her through this is to bring another loving puppy into our family...but I'm going to hold out on that as long as I can. ha!  So those are our two majors for 2013.  We're excited to see what 2014 has in store for us. Happy New Year!

 This one got into some hair gel in the middle of the night. 


La Tech Basketball game 



Tuesday night dance night. It's our "thing"....McDonalds with Ella! They are BFF's. 



 Merry Christmas from our new house!!!



Night Before Christmas party at school.  It was....fun? ha! 



Making cookies for Santa 



We took a walk to the lake after the last day of school....the kids LOVED running on the beach in their clothes instead of swimsuits. It's the little things!



Merry Christmas....again! 



Happy New Year from this party animal! 



and these 










And this is for good measure...Halloween in our new neighborhood...we got SOAKED. 

Our sweet Pepper. She is SO missed.


0 comments: