Friday, January 10, 2014

All things normal...kind of.

Week 1 back to our routine and we're all exhausted.  The kids had a hard time getting into the swing of school, dance and homework....as did Mom and Dad! We're all happy to have a schedule again though.  Shelby's birthday is approaching fast and she's changed her mind at least 100 times on what kind of party she wants. I finally ordered invitations for a Princess Tea Party so she can't change her mind now. :-) Her most wanted items for  her birthday: a bike, a doll and a battery powered car. A little birdie told me she's getting her wish, too.  Before school started again we spent a few days enjoying all our christmas toys and playing outside...which was a good thing because winter hit the Deep South.  12 degrees with a wind chill of 9 was, I believe, the lowest we got....too cold for this Southern girl!!! The kids must have asked 1000 times if it was going to snow...I agreed that if it's THAT cold...it should snow. We warmed up to a balmy 65 degrees today though and the kids sucked up every last second of daylight. It was great!!!

Peyton won a $150 gift card to Toys R Us for being a top seller with Scouts popcorn campaign. He used that card to buy himself a new bike. We were so proud! 


Santa brought Shelby a new playhouse! 



My poor Camelias. It's enough that they have to withstand little fingers with a love for everything pink and pretty, but they also had to endure the cold. They didn't do too well with either.  


See? 


Coldest day we had...she LOVED it. Weirdo 


My all time favorite picture...my prima ballerina 


This kid....he climbs anything standing still...I was SURE this was going to end with a trip to the E.R. He slid down like a pro with zero scratches. I was impressed. 

0 comments: