Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fun times on the Coast

Today was a BEAUTIFUL day in Mississippi. So around lunch time we decided to head to the gulf coast to visit our friends Erin and Russ. I just realized after unloading pictures that we have none with Erin and Russ, but I promise that they're real people. Anyways, a few weeks ago Brad and I were watching the Food Network (my favorite). They have a program called Diners, Drive-ins and Dives...ever seen it? It's awesome...they featured a restaurant in Ocean Springs called The Shed so of course we decided that being so close..we needed to try it. So thats where we headed for lunch today. It may be the BEST BBQ I've ever had. It's definitely a dive....mostly outdoors with long picnic tables everywhere and it's definitely a "shed"....hence the name I guess. I only took one stinkin picture while I was there and you just do not get the full appreciation of this place. I have never seen so much junk in my life...they must just find stuff on the side of the road and think "hey..this will look good at our restaurant". My best bud Meredith would have loved it! ha! So after the adults pigged out and after Peyton finished rolling around in dirty rocks, we decided to head towards the beach. We went to a new park they put up and Peyton had a blast. It was SO windy which made for a great day at the park and you just gotta love the salty air. I don't know what it is about salty air, but I LOVE it....it makes me feel like I'm on vacation I guess. After the park, we dropped our buddies off and we made a quick run into the Disney store at the outlet mall. What a nightmare. We found plenty of stuff for the little guy, but he was so overwhelmed he could not slow down. I think the employees were glad to see us leave. We did leave with a few Christmas presents for the man and his Halloween costume. He's going to be Mickey Mouse...his favorite. So now we're home, bathed and relaxed. Peyton just went down...he only took about a 45 minute nap all day so I'm hoping for a late morning tomorrow. One can hope. Here's the pictures you've waited for!

This was on the stage outside of The Shed..Peyton was performing
Peyton is such a poser! The sign in the background cracks me up...A Family,Food,Drinkery? What the heck is that? I guess it's a Shed!
The family at the playground by the beach...yes he still has a paci...don't judge me
We all know Peyton loves to "bing"
The little slide
Check out that fro!! I told you it was windy, but really...his hair is that crazy
The BIG slide



3 comments:

Lori said...

HEY! I love his hair and who cares what anyone has to say about the paci...HE'S 2! :-) Whatever makes him happy and keeps your sanity! Right? Anyways, looks like lots of fun! I cannot wait to see ya'll! Only 9 days!! I miss ya'll!
See you soon!
Love ya, Lori

Elizabeth Guidry said...

Autumn is going to be Minnie Mouse this year! haha! Wouldn't it be cute to have them in a pic together? Last Christmas, Autumn got a Mickey Mouse clubhouse from her Maw-maw. Fisher Price came out with a new version this year that is supposed to be better. I bet Peyton would love that - Autumn still plays with hers! Just a sugg.

More soon!
Liz

The Beasley's said...

The hole in the wall places are always the best to eat. We figured that out this weekend, too, while we were in Livingston. I'm glad ya'll had a good time...it's nice to have those quick little getaways! I LOVE his hair...even the fro' one :-)