Monday, October 13, 2008

Hey...you're lucky...we're bowling tonight!

For all you movie buffs.....name the movie that line came from!!!

This last weekend was a crazy one. Our friends from Georgia came in for a visit with their 2 kids....yes that makes 3 kids and 4 adults in my house!! yikes! We had a good time...Peyton got a little out of hand occasionally, but that was to be expected. We painted pumpkins Friday and the kids totally enjoyed that. Peyton was in hog heaven. Then Saturday night we all went bowling. Peyton LOVED it! We were worried that we'd be waisting money on shoes and a game for him, but we thought now was as good a time as any. He was SO good while we bowled and he was so excited when it was his turn. Occasionally he would take breaks and have some strawberries I brought for him, but mostly he was ready to throw his ball. And can you even believe they make bowling shoes for little people! They were so cute and he thought he was so big to have shoes just like daddy. It's definitely something we'll do again with him in the near future. He's finally getting to an age where we can take him to do things we like to do and he can have fun too. The highlight of the night, though, was when I, Lisa, for the first time EVER, beat Brad Hoefler bowling!!! Can I get a WOOHOO! I think it might be the highest score I've ever gotten....153. It was so awesome. Unfortunately, the following game I threw like 4 gutter balls, but at least I can say I've beat him once in my lifetime. Oh joy!! Today all the guests left and Peyton and I have totally been lounging. He passed out on the couch at about 11:00....2 hours before naptime! He was exhausted. So now I'll spend the next few days cleaning my house...again...preparing for the next round of guests!! Enjoy the pictures :-)

Peyton getting ready to bowl
Aren't they sweet
Rolling his ball
You can't tell but Peyton is screaming "go go go!"
Proof I'm the champion!
My little Picasso

What a work of art
He's really getting into it now



2 comments:

Lori said...

OK-Is that line from Grease? Probably not, right? LOL!
Anyways, the pumpkin painting looks like it was hit! He did a great job! And bowling...YOU GO GIRL!!! Haha! Peyton looks so cute in his little bowling shoes! Glad he liked it. Kainaan loves bowling, unfortunately he does not get what waiting for his turn means...sigh! He will get there one day, right?
Well, we are soooo excited to see ya'll! Only 2 more days!
Love ya, Lori

The Beasley's said...

Are those bowling shoes neon or is that just the lighting? Way to go beating Brad! And to think he was on a bowling league with his own ball ;-) LOVE the pictures of Peyton painting!