Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's winter in South Mississippi

For the 2 years we lived in Wichita, all we did was complain about the cold weather. When the opportunity came up for us to move to South Mississippi, it was a no brainer! Warm weather, an hour to the beach...who could ask for more? Thats not really the picture being painted here today. It's SO COLD! I have to say that I do love it...only because I know that in 2 days, it'll be 70 degrees again. Last year I think I can count on one hand the days or nights it was below 40 degrees. Last night it reached 35 and it's expected to stay in the 30's for the next 2 nights. This only figures because Sunday I put out my mums and planted huge ferns in my giant pots on the porch. The same happened last year...I planted beautiful palms in my pots and like a week later it froze...we weren't home to cover the plants and well...you can see where this story is going. They're in plant heaven. I'm determined to keep these alive though. Yesterday Peyton's swing set got finished...yea!! Of course NOW it's finished...it was only like 40 degrees yesterday evening. But you know he dragged me out there so he could "kide". His poor little nose was cherry red and he was covered head to toe in dirt. Lets just say I was not even a little prepared for cold weather...he has no hat and no mittens. It's on my agenda today. Pepper is LOVING this cold weather. She is the only family member that actually enjoyed Wichita. Her favorite pastime was jumping head first in the snow. She should have been a Golden Retriever. Yesterday she ran like 10 laps in the backyard..I guess the coldness makes her frisky. So all that leads us back to this morning. I put Peyton in his oh so cute Polo jeans and his race car sweater that I thought he'd never get to wear. He was SO handsome...still not happy about going to school...but he looked good. So thats the moral of the day....wherever you are..cold or warm...you gotta look good!


Cheesin it up for Mommy
This was hilarious....my car was making smoke b/c of the cold and Peyton was blowing at it saying "hot"
He totally posed this himself
He lured Daddy out to slide with him

4 comments:

The Beasley's said...

He definitely did look handsome! I can't wait to give him a hug and a kiss on Friday :-)

Lori said...

I love that sweater! And I know what you mean about it being cold! Its freezing here!
Take care!
Love and Miss ya'll-
Lori

Wendy said...

Peyton is SO flipping adorable!!! We get to wear our sweaters and jeans until June.... :) The kids will be wearing blankets under their Halloween costumes.... HA! What is Peyton going to be for Halloween?

Anonymous said...

He looks very preppy. Love it that he now poses for you! We'll be seeing you on Friday.
Love you, Nana