Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alligators say..."blah"

So this week was Peyton's official last week of Mom's Day Out! Starting August 12th he will be a preschooler. :-( Ok not really sad because I get a whole extra morning to myself now, but sad because he's growing up. His second birthday is approaching faster than I'd like and a funny thing about time is....it won't slow down. That being said, Tuesday I brought cupcakes for Peyton's class to celebrate his birthday since they will be out for his actual birthday. My first attempt ever at making an Alligator shaped out of cupcakes...it was a decent success. It fell apart in places, but all in all it was a good first try! And the kiddies loved it so that's all that really mattered. As I was trying to balance a baking tray with an alligator on it and a hand full of backpack and lunchbox, Peyton decided he no longer wanted to walk down the hall at school...he wanted me to carry him! AHH! Not happening....he proceeded to throw himself on the floor and cry in agony...like walking the last 15 feet to his room would kill him. As a teacher walked by I caught myself mumbling...."I couldn't just BUY cupcakes...I had to make this tray full that I can't carry and now you're throwing a fit." At that moment the teacher stopped and said, "but store bought cupcakes don't have the love that you're alligator is filled with." Ok....she was right. But I've decided that I desperately need a cupcake/cake carrier with a handle...then I can juggle all my business. It's these sorts of things new Mom's should register for. You spend a whole day at Target registering for baby bottles, clothes, pacifiers, blankets...all the things you immediately need for a baby. Well here's a hint to all new Mommies....the things you need later on far out weigh the things you need immediately..those things get used for what...6 months? Then you're out buying all the things you never thought about....like cupcake carriers! ha! You learn something new everyday being a Mommy...it's the hardest most rewarding job out there and I would take a day balancing cupcakes, backpacks and a screaming toddler over a day sitting behind a desk any day! Stay tuned for a sappy recap of Peyton's accomplishments over the last year...it will amaze you!!


Here are a few pictures of the infamous alligator cupcake cake


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did good!! Jessica's baby shower is Saturday and you know I am going to print your blog out and purchase a cupcake holder. Then I am going to put your note in there for her to read!! I can see Peyton throwing the tantram on the floor, in Aunt Linda's eyes, it would of been cute. But as a mommy, you probably were thinking "I cannot believe he is doing this". You just have to love them. Great Grandma will love to hear about this.
Hugs & Kisses from hot Kansas!
Love ya
Aunt Linda

Lori said...

You did a fantastic job!! And you could never be more right about buying stuff for the future!
Love ya, Lori

Hi! I'm Amy. said...

I'm so impressed! That was a fabulous idea and it turned out great! Such a creative mommy :-)