Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What happens in a year?

Peyton's 2nd birthday is Sunday...can you believe it?!! So I started thinking....what can happen in a year? Oh so much! It's hard to believe how much a child can learn in a year. I wish adults could learn such life altering things in such a short amount of time, but I guess maybe we do...at least those of us with toddlers! Since Peyton's 1st birthday his biggest accomplishment has probably been walking.....which has turned into running....which sometimes turns into falling. He's learned all of his important body parts....eyes, nose, ear, mouth, toes, foot, leg, arm, hand and belly. He also knows what "shake your booty" means. He can do the hokey pokey and turn it all around. He knows all the movements to "if you're happy and you know it" and does a cute thing with his face when you say "your face will surely show it." He loves to "bing"..aka...swing and "kide"....aka slide. He loves sniffing flowers as well as picking them. He can successfully climb stairs all by himself...going down is a little more challenging. His vocabulary is unbelievable...at least to me! He's pretty much a parrot even though sometimes he can't totally get what you're saying and when he gets really excited he stammers his words. He knows the sounds a cow, dog, cat, duck, pig, train, elephant, lion, bird, bear, hippo, turtle, frog and monkey make. (I'm positive there are a few I'm leaving out) He can say almost all of his family's names...Maw, Paw, Nana, Pop, Piper (which comes out "Pie"), Abby (which he still says..Abu), Josh, Amy, "D", Paige, Jay, Kelly and Haley....so that leaves one family member...Heather. I can't describe what he does when he tries to say her name, but lets just say I feel bad for Heather! ha! Don't worry though..he's working on it! It literally hurts my brain to think of all the things he's accomplished in the last year. These are just a few I've listed here....the things he does on a daily basis that amaze me can't really be listed...because they happen...everyday. So this weekend my baby will officially turn into a toddler I guess...no matter how much I want to fight it. On Tuesday he will start his first official day of Preschool (sniff sniff).....as much as I would like the extra time to get the house clean or groceries bought, I would rather him stay tiny forever....but I guess then I wouldn't get the sweet bear hugs and kisses my little man gives me everyday. So even though Peyton is only going to be 2 this weekend, I realize that these children grow whether you want them to or not and they grow fast..very fast. So all you Mommies go hug and kiss your sweet babies because it won't last forever! Stay tunned for lots of pictures from a birthday full of ponies, a goat, a sheep and lots of family and friends!

1 comments:

Lori said...

He has certainly grown! And very sweet and adorable! Again, we had the best time this past weekend! And Peyton is an awesome kid, and is growing like a little weed! I wish we lived closer so they could grow up together!
Have a wonderful time at the party! Can't wait to see pictures!
Love ya'll, Lori