Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seriously? Another one?!!!

By now you all know that I'm a weather freak. I thrive on it...if I had to name my favorite network it would be The Weather Channel. Dorky..maybe, but very informational! So Tropical Storm Fay ended up being a let down.....depending on who you talk to I guess. By the time it made it's way here it was barely a tropical depression and Hattiesburg set in the middle of the rotation for days.....which only meant misty rain and damaging 8 mph wind. ha! I will say that the rain did wonders for our flower beds and the neighbors said we should get yard of the month. I'll try to take pictures later. I stopped watching the weather once it fizzled...totally out of character for me...and today while I was getting my hair done I heard someone say something about a hurricane. WHAT?!!! How did I miss that? So of course I run home and check my favorite channel and sure enough...another hurricane. Except this one is an actual hurricane and it's headed for the gulf. May I remind you it's been 3 years almost to the day since Hurricane Katrina....not a fond memory. But what's even MORE traumatic is that it's headed to the gulf just in time for our long baby free weekend to Gulf Shores Alabama with my best friend Meredith and her hubby. If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

2 comments:

Fenn said...

Your not the only one. My sister is having her wedding next Saturday in Fort Morgan (just west of Gulf Shores.) I spent over 1,200.00 bucks on a condo for the week and now there is a hurricane headed my way... I am praying for it to take a dramatic turn west or a really dramatic one east. Maybe if we both do it we will up our odds of making it a nice weekend....

Lori said...

HOLY CRAP! Another one?? Well, good luck! I miss the adrenaline rush of watching these things! I get to worry about earthquakes for the moment! Yay! Well, hope you don't get your weekend ruined! And have fun if you do get to go!
Talk soon!
Love and miss ya'll,
Lori