Friday, August 22, 2008

I'm a big kid now!!!

Well...I'm a computer genius. I had written a huge paragraph about our latest happenings and I deleted it...all of it. So here I go again.....
Peyton started preschool last week....I may have mentioned that in an earlier post. So far it's going pretty good although he still cries when I drop him off. It's getting easier everyday. He seems to really like it though because he always has a big long story to tell me when I pick him up. His teachers names are Mrs. DeeDee and Mrs. Amy. He is convinced every morning that he's going to see his Uncle "D" and Aunt Amy...he even names off all of the rest of family (sorry Heather...you're still just a horrible face he makes!). I may have to stop telling him he's going to see Mrs. DeeDee and Mrs. Amy because I think he gets his hopes up. Last week I took him in for his 2 year check up. It went great. And get this.....Peyton has finally moved from the 25th percentile to the 50th! woohoo! He's officially average instead a little below!! He's finally catching up. He weighs 27.8 lbs and is almost 34 inches tall. He's such a big boy...but still a baby to his Mommy! Last weekend we officially moved him to his toddler bed. The transition was a huge success!! I know...our next child will be a hellion. ha! So far all of Peyton's major transitions have gone well. Saturday morning we converted his crib to the toddler bed so it would be ready for nap time. When we were done, he crawled in it, said "oh wow..that cool!" and that was the end of it! He has been sleeping wonderfully and will not put foot to floor without our permission...unbelievable!! I thought for sure he'd wonder around his room since his train table is in there, but he behaves like a little angel! I'm sure at some point he's going to get more comfortable with it, but for now I'm counting my blessings. So for now we're just thankful for life's little favors and hoping we'll catch a break with this tropical storm. Now if you're talking to Maw and Paw, they're hoping for an evacuation...we're just hoping not to lose power!! ha! I know you're here for the pictures so I'll get to it...enjoy the randomness that is our life!!

Daddy will love that I put this picture on here....please notice his "redneck" shirt...I know...it's sad. Peyton sleeping in his big boy bed!

This is from Peyton's actual birthday. We went to Nicky's with Maw, Paw, Nana and Pop. Peyton was so excited to have us all together he couldn't sit still!
After dinner, Peyton got to go play in Uncle J's race car
This is the first day of school....I think he was worried they wouldn't have toys there.
Starting him early!!


Swinging at Maw and Paw's
Peyton and Daddy on his birthday at Nicky's

Dancing to the Mexican music at Nicky's

Peyton with his favorite person..."Pie" or Piper for those that don't already know!
These boots are made for walkin....sort of.
Tim and Lori sent Peyton these crayons for his birthday...he loved them!
Peyton in his clubhouse...pretty soon it will be known as the Heeman Woman Haters Club
"I kide"





3 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I'm glad he's enjoying school, and I'm so sad it isn't really me there to greet him! I love all the pictures. The one of him and Piper is precious!

Lori said...

Hey! I love your randomness! Its fun and interesting...keeps us guessing! LOL! Glad things are going well for ya'll and that the bed situation is a hit! Its scarey how fast they grow, huh? Well, keep us posted on the storm situation. Talk soon.
Love, Lori

Anonymous said...

So glad he is adapting to his big boy bed! Love the pictures. See you this weekend!

Love ya, Nana