Thursday, August 28, 2008

See ya!

Last night Brad went to fill the car up with gas...he had to go to 3 gas stations before he finally found one that wasn't out of gas. It feels like the days right after Katrina when the lines were long at the stations and McDonalds was giving out cokes in a can instead of their cups. People are bringing their trucks and lining up filled gas cans in the back...it's ridiculous. I remember thinking after Katrina that the price of gas was never going to come down....it was $2.85 at it's highest...today it was $3.63 and the storm hasn't even hit yet....I guess I was right about gas not coming down! In the midst of all this chaos, there are still the people that say "oh I'm not worried...it's going to shift, I know it." I admire their conviction, but what if it doesn't...have they done anything to prepare? Well, I'm prepared....prepared to get the heck out of Dodge. And now after watching the weather channel, I realize I may need to pack for longer than I planned. There is ANOTHER tropical storm headed towards the states and if it takes a southern path...it's headed straight for the gulf. (sigh) Guess our trip to Gulf Shores may not happen next weekend after all, but we have baby sitters and darn it we're going somewhere!! I promise the next post will have pictures of the little guy...it's what you all come for anyways!

1 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck! I love ya'll! Be careful and be safe! You are not the only heading for North LA, my mom is leaving Friday! Take care! Talk soon!
Love ya'll, Lori