Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chaos

So here we are 2 days before the 3rd anniversary of the worst hurricane in U.S. history....and it's mass chaos. I guess we can probably thank the media for that because no one wants the liability of not evacuating people in time. But really...at this point all we know is Gustav will head into the Gulf...will it hit our family in Houston or will it head straight for us? Either way it's a lose situation for our family. But why put everyone into a panic? At this point they're saying it's going to hit New Orleans....they don't know that for sure so they're also telling the Mississippi coast to be prepared...for those that don't know...Hattiesburg is 2 hours from New Orleans and a short hour from the coast. I think it's safe to say we'll get some weather if it really goes either direction. So that leads to mass chaos in Hattiesburg. You can't buy a generator here...they're all sold out. Water, flash lights, batteries....all flying off the shelves. I don't know if you call it being prepared or panicking, but people are taking it serious this time. Is it really possible that I could see 2 catastrophic hurricanes in my 29 years of life? I pray not...I mean we just finally got our fence up! ha! But that would be our luck. So for now I'm getting the laundry done and cleaning house....God forbid a hurricane come and my house not be spotless! At the moment we're planning on our original Friday evening departure....thats negotiable though. No matter what...Mom get the hurricane mix ready because I think it's time for a hurricane party!!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for keeping me up, I haven't watched the weather channel while out here in CA. But I did see the story on fox news. You are more entertaining! LOL! Hey, I did see Laurel and Hattiesburg on the map for the largest immigration raid in Federal govt history! LOL!
Well, better run! And yeah, make sure the house is spotless for the hurricane! LOL! That's your nervous energy at work! I would be doing the same! :-)
Miss ya'll!
Love you, Lori Lou!

Lori said...

Thanks for keeping me up, I haven't watched the weather channel while out here in CA. But I did see the story on fox news. You are more entertaining! LOL! Hey, I did see Laurel and Hattiesburg on the map for the largest immigration raid in Federal govt history! LOL!
Well, better run! And yeah, make sure the house is spotless for the hurricane! LOL! That's your nervous energy at work! I would be doing the same! :-)
Miss ya'll!
Love you, Lori Lou!

Wendy said...

We have generators in Ohio! :) I don't think Bossier is far enough away to evacuate...I think you should just keep driving my direction! We have cooler weather, lots to do (You could still have your get away weekend...tons of B & B's in Amish Country!) and we would watch Peyton for you! Just sayin'....and looking out for YOU! LOL! Seriously though-be alert...I know you have two sets of parents instructing you also...but don't mess around with the weather. :) Oh yeah...and we have hurricane mix also! LOL!

The Beasley's said...

I can promise you my house will not be spotless, but we did pack extra incase we need to stay longer. I just wish I knew right at this moment where EXACTLY it was going to go. Especially dealing with all this over a holiday weekend is no fun. It's crazy how we're both affected by this at the moment, but on the plus side, we'll see you guys so soon :-) Drive safe!