Sunday, August 10, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Peyton!!!

PARTY PARTY PARTY!! We are officially whipped from a fun filled birthday weekend. Today, Sunday, August 10th, Peyton turned 2. We had his actual party on Saturday at Maw and Paw's and it was AWESOME! We had ponies, a goat and a sheep. His first reaction to the ponies was "WOW!". It took a little while for him to warm up to the animals, but once he did, we could not get him off of the pony named Patches. He gave the goat and sheep hugs and kisses and rode Patches until right before they left. He also got to feed all the animals carrots, which he totally enjoyed and was upset when we ran out. He loved imitating the horses eating....it was so cute. He barely took time to eat his cake and ice cream...he was more interested in playing on his "bing" and "kide". I think he managed to eat Paw's ice cream and cake though....you know...play a little, eat a little!! After cake and ice cream, we moved it to the pool. God was looking down on us Saturday and kept the oppressive heat to a minimum, but the pool was definitely a refreshing end to the day. He took a time out from swimming to open a few of his presents...with the help from his friend Colten. Thank goodness for Colten because we'd still probably be waiting for Peyton to open his presents!! ha! By 9:00 p.m. Peyton was pooped and in bed. I think and hope he had a fantastic birthday....I'm pushing 30 and it was fun for me so surely a 2 year old enjoyed himself?!! I have a TON of pictures that I've tried loading, but something squirelly is going on with blogger and I was only able to load one. Now you would think I'd load one of Peyton enjoying the ponies or maybe one of him opening presents....no sir. The one I'll leave you with tonight is Peyton's Nana riding the pony. I mean I know you're all dying to see our big 2 year old, but come one....it's WAY more entertaining to see Nana on a horse!! ha! Thanks to EVERYONE for making Peyton's birthday such a great one. A super special thank you to Maw and Paw for lending their home and time for Peyton's party....we appreciate all you do for us! Ok MUCH more to come in the next few days. We head back to Mississippi in the morning and Tuesday starts our first day of preschool. We're missing our introduction day tomorrow...but we thought it'd be more fun to have dinner with Nana, Pop, Maw and Paw tonight than driving 5 hours back home!! Keep checking back....I promise the pictures are great!!


1 comments:

Lori said...

Hey! I am glad the party went well! It sounds like ya'll had the best time! Wish we could've been there! I can't wait to see more pics, but the one posted is GREAT! Haha! Talk to you soon!
Love ya, Lori